Sunday, 6 February 2011

Just a quick update...

I'm not dead...
I finally got around to trying a second attempt at the marshmallow recipe but I failed once again :(

This time I managed to make goop. It is delicious goop, but goop is not Marshmallow. I don't know why it failed this time, I think the only change was the gelling agent, which I thought would be a closer match to the one in the original recipe.. I will have to experiment with the quantities etc.

In other news I found a new food obsession from Susan at Fat Free Vegan. Using most of the same ingredients as the Ribz but this time rolled into a sausage shape and baked in foil.
Go enjoy some Seitan Pepperoni I made this for the first time a week or so ago and I've already found myself making 3 more of them. As they can last a few days, this is quite obsessive!

If anyone has any Vegan recipes they've had trouble finding ingredients for, please comment and let me know so I can include them here...

Quick edit: a piece of info that is quite useful that I just found out. Recipes that ask for baking soda are reffering to bicarbonate of soda, not baking powder. I'm not sure if anyone else has ever been confused and had cake failures because of that, but I have so I thought I'd share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment